Friday, November 12, 2010

"DOC, YOU DISINTEGRATED EINSTEIN!"

When I was a kid I used to love the hoverboard, the Nikes and the special FX whereas nowadays I love the Back to the future series for its depiction of suburbia and the overall warmness and charm that just oozes from these movies. There's just so much chemistry going on between everyone involved I find it hard to believe that someone could not like this trilogy. It's also hard to believe that Michael J. Fox, the most American Canadian teenager that ever graced the big screen, wasn't even involved with the first installment five weeks into filming. As a fan I knew Eric Stoltz was originally signed up to do the part but I never knew they actually had footage with him playing Marty Mcfly. Some of that footage was released some time ago (and some random stills before that) and can be found on Youtube. Look it up if you haven't already. It's really weird seeing the exact same scenes with a different face. From the bits I've seen Stoltz gives the role a darker kind of vibe and even though I like some of his films Michael J. Fox just blows him out of the water with his zaniness, hint of youthful innocence and a classic outfit. For some reason the studio had Stoltz dress in black, which wasn't really helping either. All in all this is a cool find and a late pass from my behalf. Here's a picture of a random hardcore kid with a funny hat pushing the retarded shtick, ugliest betty and a black hole with Eric Stoltz' face on top of it. "See that, doc? Class of '84.".


No comments: